Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Start of A New Year

You might be thinking I loaded the wrong photo to the blog or that I meant to be loading this photo of the hearth-side cooking to I did in December to a different blog. Nope. It is right where I wanted it.

I have a lot of pot going at anyone time, as most of us do, I am using this photo here today to illustrate that and to talk about the start of the new year. Which for me is like the preparations for a big meal right after a different feast. I have lots of clean up to do from last year, my studio is in such a state you might run screaming! I have new pots to put on the fire - or to eliminate the metaphor - new projects and ideas to get rolling on, new show applications to get filled out, new locations to check out, new ideas to grow and expand into! I am bursting with enthusiasm! But - to return to the metaphor- not a lot ready to show you, the outside of the dutch oven is not particularly exciting no matter how tasty the contents are.

It is time to roll up my sleeves, dig out the studio, fill out the forms, check out the... you get the idea... I am off to work.
~Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment