Friday, January 6, 2017

In Progress - 1st - Drying Time

I have been working on a
few fun things amidst the admin and the clean up work. A video will be coming out soon. This lovely Eiderwolle Sheep's wool is drying after the dyepot. This time, I used Mother Mackenzie's dyes and I LOVE the results in this wool! Hanging to dry there is a single skein on single ply soft yarn, spun thick thin with lots of air. This is my Confetti colorway.

You are getting a look into my kitchen today as the dye porch is entirely too cold to work in! -2 degrees! In fact I had to have the crock I dyed the wool in, in the house for several hours before I turned it on! After, I had waited my husband pointed out that I
could have just warmed it in cool then gradually warming water... Sigh.

I hope you like the new look for the site!

Happy Crafting and Stay Warm (or cool if you are on the flip-side!) ~Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment