Thursday, March 13, 2014

display items

I just finished some display items I thought I would share with you... It was a lot of fun and Mom got into the act with me.

 I bought this a thrift store and her neck broke on the way home.  I tried gluing it and that held, until I brought her to my parents for a photo shoot. She broke again. Dad tried a variety of strange substances from his garage of holding (think Mary Poppins' carpetbag but a whole garage like that) her neck ended up a long and Mom made her a collar and shrug to visually break that up a bit. She is ready to hold some jewelry now though.

I broke out the mod podge and fabric scraps to fix up these thrift store frames and made a peg hanger to match.  The inserts are velvet boards sold to pin jewelry or such like to. I plan to hand skeins of yarn from the other.

In other news, I heard back from Brookfield Market & More and it is official,  I will be showing there all 6 weekends! See you there!~ Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment